The main function of the Security Engineer is to plan, coordinate, and implement security measures for information systems to regulate access to computer data files and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure of information. Candidate must have experience with malware and incident analysis. Must be able to demonstrate good investigative skills and have knowledge of networking protocols and operating systems (windows and Linux), preferably having in depth knowledge of these.
• Must have knowledge of malware and how to handle it.
• Must be investigative
• Must have done some incident response work – and certainly more than just “I got a ticket, I assign a ticket”. They need to be able to identify what they get.
• Must have some knowledge of TCP/IP, ports, services and what is good vs. what is bad.
• Have knowledge of Antivirus software.
• Have knowledge of Windows and Linux.
They are looking for a person to monitor and investigate evidence of malware coming into the environment. Will work with the help desk and messaging teams to fix and resolve when malware is detected. They will work to determine whether machines have been effected, run tests, etc. Could consider a junior person that is eager to get more into cyber security.
They use McAffee and Splunk in house. Client has 5000 users and about 1000 servers so want someone to have come from similar environments.