Description of Work:
• Establish strategy and approach to transform customer software development from a traditional SDLC methodology to Agile methodology.
• Lead the development and execution plan to support the transformation to Agile methodology, including development of processes, templates, artifacts, training materials, and lessons-learned.
• Lead the efforts of developing Agile software engineering and management best practices, metrics, and audit practices.
• Manage corporate wide Agile software engineering support across customer organization.
• Conduct Scrum team training, retrospective workshops, Lean software development workshops for infrastructure teams.
• Establish Agile PMO function and an architectural recommendation review function.
• Develop Agile/Scrum processes, including analysis of existing processes, elicitation of requirements from subject matter experts, and application of industry best practices and standards.
• Analyze and articulate complex subject matter via white papers and presentations, enabling the ease of comprehension by customers and all stakeholders.
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of customer’s lifecycles, standards, and supporting processes and practices.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities.
• Bachelor’s in Science, in Business, Information Technology, Information Systems, or related discipline with 14 years’ experience across multiple IT disciplines including architecture, infrastructure, applications, and security. 12 Years with Masters in related discipline; 9 Years with PhD in related discipline.
• 10 years of experience in leading and managing large Agile programs and projects, including extensive experience in managing software development and system deployments.
• 8 years’ of experience in Scrum team training, including Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Product Owner, and Test Driven Development (TDD).
• 8 years’ of experience in conducting Agile transformation.
• 8 years’ of experience in leading organization-wide, business process improvement efforts.
• 5 years’ of experience with and understanding of doing business with the federal government.
• 5 years’ of experience in MS Office and SharePoint.
• Certification as Scrum Master (CSM).
• Certification as Product Owner (CPO).
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must have experience in dealing with all levels of executives.
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust designation.
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
• Ability to understand technical legacy systems and associated component functionalities.
• Experience with enterprise architecture, application planning, and deployment.
• Experience leading efforts to prepare lifecycle documents, including Use Cases, Requirements System Design Alternatives, System Development Plans, Detailed Design Specifications, and Implementation Plans.
• A solid understanding of SSA operations.
• Project Management Professional (PMP)®
• ITIL v3 Foundations Certification
• Experience with Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)