Drupal Back End / Module developer
We are seeking a Drupal Back End / Module developer who will produce best-in-class products and work in tandem with our creative, UX, and development teams. The candidate should have excellent communication skills, the ability to work autonomously on challenging projects and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Strong communications skills with ability to articulate ideas with others in the team
- Experience in Public Sector environments
- Experience working in cloud environments
- US Citizen, available for full-time
Required skills/Level of Experience:
- 15 plus years in IT and software development;
- 6-10 year’s experience working on Drupal projects;
- Extensive and diverse background creating custom PHP modules within the Drupal framework.
- Strong background in one or more of Drupal’s major themes, i.e. Zen, Omega, etc.
- Understanding of browser/client-side, particularly jQuery.
- Mastery of Drupal’s key contrib modules, i.e. CTools, Views, Rules, etc.
- Deep familiarity with Drupal’s ‘hook’ system for modifying contributed modules remotely — from functions written in custom modules;
- Strong background in ‘site building’: to be good at vetting Contributed modules from Drupal.org, installing and configuring modules for ‘sandbox’ projects;
- Command line competence in Linux to be able to work with sandbox instances. This includes editing server files, navigating server folders, modifying permissions and other such actions
- Familiarity with GIT
- Strong familiarity with DB and DB Modeling – in particular MySQL
- ‘Full Stack’ development capability
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with SASS or LESS.
- Familiarity with webserver configuration and URL rewrites, regex, etc
- Familiarity with PHP and MySQL configuration settings for optimizing Drupal performance.
- Passing competence and awareness of system architecture issues like load balancing, proxies, caching, etc.
- Experience with Drupal AJAX.
- Degree in Computer Science
Return to job openings