This person will be part of a development team that creates and maintains multi-lingual online news websites and supporting applications. This team is responsible for building modern, secure, high performance web applications using open source technologies.
This person will help with the coding of the website and related tools and applications. The primary web development framework used is Ruby on Rails.
This person will help with the development of tools to aid in the creation of online content to support writers and translators located globally. This person will also help with the development of tools to help manage translations, metric data, user comments and feedback. They will also help with the creation of tools to monitor and analyze website metrics.
• Knowledge of current web technologies and trends is needed.
• Comfortable with developing and managing full web application stack
o Ruby on Rails
o AWS/Cloud Computing
• Understanding of good software development practices
• Good understanding of sound content architecture principles
• Experience with web analytic principles