We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst with strong data analysis skills, analysis of data sets, mapping of relationships, strong SQL for quering, be able to document and report, requirements analysis and interact with users, any experience with the cloud is a big plus.
Works with key stakeholders within assigned business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies.
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to developers.
• Ensures that the solution delivered complies with user needs by formally or informally testing the application and supporting usability and user acceptance testing and pilot initiatives.
• Supports the development of technical implementation plans and actively participates in conducting technology assessments.
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities.
• Supports technical troubleshooting including writing SQL queries for ad hoc report requests.
• Experience gathering technical and business requirements using a variety of techniques including user interface design (mockups, prototypes) and diagramming (e.g., UML diagrams, flow charts).
• A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level.
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and perform the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in prioritizing features to be developed and selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Basic knowledge of programming languages, including SQL, in order to comprehend reading code and basic functions.
• Project management skills in order to handle diverse projects, often times simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines.
• A self-starter who can work with little or no guidance.
• Able to think “outside of the box” to create business solutions that increase operating efficiency and increase competitive advantage.