The Senior Agile Coach will work with varying stakeholders from Senior Leadership to the Agile team level to facilitate the adoption of Agile practices used (Scrum, XP, Kanban, SAFe) and play a key role in establishing, growing and continuously improving the foundational materials, processes and brand of the Agile Practice.
Approximately 40% of the Senior Agile Coach’s time would be spent focusing on the following: Uses consultant-level Agile experience to influence Agile adoption and attendant transformation among a broad and varying audience from Sr. Leadership to Agile teams. Uses expertise to conduct organizational assessments for Agile/SAFe adoption (as necessary) and project management skills to create organization adoption plans and lead execution of the plans.
Approximately 25% of the Senior Agile Coach’s time would be spent focusing on the following: Leveraging extensive Agile training delivery experience as part of the On-Boarding process; contributing to the established Agile Practice training programs; creating and delivering additional training needed; partnering with the Agile Program Manager and peer coaches to evolve the change management strategy and associated execution plans.
Approximately 20% of the Senior Agile Coach’s time would be spent focusing on the following: Combining varied external experience with acquired understanding of internal culture, drive change and grow organizations to the desired level of Agile maturity via establishment, growth and continuous improvement of the foundational materials, processes and brand of the Agile Practice.
Lastly, approximately 15% of the time, the Senior Agile Coach will lead or contribute to the Agile Practice’s metrics and measurement program.
The Sr. Agile Coach will be a recognized leader in the TRP Agile transformation effort and a critical “face of Agile” to both leadership and execution teams. In addition to the extensive experience, skills and knowledge that will enable the credibility required, the Sr. Agile Coach will exhibit an effective balance of poise and maturity critical to effective change management efforts.
• College degree and 6 years of related work experience, or Associate degree and 8 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 10 years related work experience
• At least six years of experience in Agile Coaching and Mentoring in XP/Technical Practices
• At least six years of demonstrated experience leading business and/or IT process change efforts
• At least seven years’ experience in IT Project Management or technical leadership
• Demonstrate a deep understanding of Lean-Agile methods and practices
• Ability to explain Lean Principles to all levels from individual contributor to Senior Leaders
• Demonstrated skill applying Agile and Lean practices at scale
• Ability to influence change at the leadership level to the team level; Ability to form productive relationships quickly and create the spheres of influence required for organizational transformation
• Outstanding training, presentation and facilitation skills including strong PowerPoint skills
• Must be able to develop productive working relationships with a wide variety of teams and leaders
• Demonstrated high level of analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred education, work experience, certifications/licenses/accreditations, and knowledge and skills, if different from above:
• At least two years’ experience working in or having helped implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or similar scaled approach to organizational adoption of Agile
• Technical background or working understanding of technical environments; Experience coaching and implementing Agile technical practices, i.e. XP, TDD
• Master’s degree in a technical area, Communication, or Business preferred
• Certified SAFe Program Consultant; Certified Sr. Scrum Coach from an recognized industry organization