F5 Server Load Balancing – BIP-IP, CCNP, VMWare Data Center Virtual
Application Switch Support
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Designs and plans F5 Server Load Balancing systems and determine implementation requirements.
- Develops implementation strategies, plans and processes for migration of the Server Load Balancing systems from data center to data center.
- Evaluates potential Server Load Balancing products, technical solutions, and capacity requirements to meet business needs.
- Review the customer’s network and practices looking for opportunities to enhance network functionality, performance and reliability by utilizing the server load balancing platform.
- Tests newly released equipment software and operating system for security vulnerabilities and make changes to mitigate the risk.
- Provides specifications and detail schematics for Server Load Balancing architecture for the enterprise.
- Develops documentation, including diagrams, standards, specifications and operating procedures.
- Monitor for opportunities to enhance the customer network/system performance or reliability.
- Monitor for opportunities to improve the customer service delivery practices.
- Perform on-going management of server load balancing server installations and upgrade projects and maintain deployment schedules.
- Provide guidance to team members and provide status metrics to Government customer and management.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Maintain and extend expertise in applicable areas of network and computer hardware and software technology.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
Minimum Qualifications: (In addition to above RFQ specified qualifications, the candidate must have)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline and 9 years of related experience, Master’s degree and 7 years of related experience or 13 years of experience will satisfy degree and experience requirements.
- Active Application Switching Certification (e.g., F5 Technology Specialist, F5 Certified BIP-IP Administrator, Solution Expert Level Certification or equivalent level of server load balancing Certification from Alteon or Nortel )
- Cisco CCNP Certification
- Understanding of network connectivity for physical and virtualized servers
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust designation
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- VMWare Data Center Virtualization or End User Computing examination
- Knowledge of Domain Name Server (DNS), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
Return to job openings