The Digital Program/Project Manager works in the Digital Services section which produces and supports a large public website and implements clients digital strategy.
The Program/Project Manager is the primary contact for internal business units that need a new or updated Web presence on public consumer facing website, or other digital solution. The incumbent is, in effect, a business advisor and project manager to internal business units. In addition to working directly with business unit staff and management, s/he interacts with client Product, Development, Design and Editorial colleagues to ensure that efficient, quality digital solutions for desktop and mobile devices are implemented that effectively address business requirements.
A clear understanding of digital technologies which support large scale websites is essential to success, though this is not a technical project management role. The work environment is fast-paced.
To be successful in this role, the Program/Project Manager must:
• be a professional who has demonstrated outstanding client and account management skills;
• have strong project management skills;
• have strong oral and written communications skills;
• be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
• be comfortable working in an environment where standard processes are evolving;
• be able to work independently or with a team, and with oversight from a manager; and
• be a quick study in learning the business and culture.
In addition, successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
• ability to identify, coordinate and manage stakeholders and resources for projects, set expectations and be perceived as a strong project leader;
• ability to work collaboratively with Web teams to ensure they deliver solutions that meet client needs and adhere to the overall digital strategy and client Web styles;
• strong analytical and project management skills, including the ability to interpret customer business needs and work with design and technical staff to translate them into application and operational requirements;
• strong general knowledge of the technical aspect of Web sites, including how to work with Product, Design, Development and Editorial groups;
• experience working effectively in both the client management/business advisor and project/program management roles;
• experience using content management systems to post and manipulate content on Web sites. S/he also performs quality checks, troubleshoots issues and works with technical staff to resolve problems.
Minimum Technical Skill/Background: General experience with Web content production tools (Web editors, CMS, etc); 5 years using an established, large scale CMS (e.g., Communique, Vignette, Teamsite, etc); Microsoft Office Products. Adapting content and tools for mobile and information architecture and/or user experience work a plus.
Minimum Business Background: Ten years business experience, including five years web project management; client/account management. Demonstrated leadership strong writing and interpersonal communications skills. PMP certification a plus.