The Senior Support Engineer provides a layer of technical support between help desk and development. This position communicates frequently within departments and occasionally with customers to resolve issues. The role is responsible for troubleshooting system problems and coordinating support issues with other internal departments groups, Network management and Help desk.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Act as a liaison between departments to assist in the resolution of NCS level 2 support issues
• Assist customers with getting connectivity to NCS, investigate and resolve issues with messages being routed through NCS, investigate response time issues reported by central sites or subscribers based on NCS logs, etc.
• Manage and prioritize outstanding support issues in NCS and coordinate with other teams such as UNI, Network management and Help Desk
• Document issue resolution using incident management ticketing system
• Maintain excellent communication with all end users and other members of the technology department
• Be the primary “on call” person for NCS level 2 support for all week days.
Four year degree from accredited college or university, equivalent work experience may be substituted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• 6-7 years IT experience, desired that 2-3 years is in help desk experience
• Basic understanding of networking (TCP/IP networking knowledge, Active directory concepts, networking services, DNS, SMTP, DHCP)
• Some knowledge & development experience in a programming language (Ex: scripting languages like PowerShell, Vbscript, Python)
• At least 1 year experience working with a ticketing/bug tracking system
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in writing technical communication
• Strong Active listening skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with team members
• Excellent troubleshooting/critical thinking skills
• Detail oriented person
• Decent knowledge of ANSI SQL